Here is a recipe for classic potato skins with an Italian twist that are perfect for serving at New Years or at any party or game day:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Millie's Tomato Basil Broth Bags
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Sliced cherry tomato
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash and dry the potatoes, then prick them all over with a fork. Rub the potatoes with the olive oil. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool slightly. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4-inch of potato in the skins.
- Place the potato skins back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown. You can also put into an air fryer for extra crispiness
- Mix the parmesan cheese and Millie's Tomato Basil Broth bag ingredients together in a bowl.
- When the potato skins are ready, remove them from the oven and fill them with the parmesan cheese/tomato basil broth bag ingredients. Return the potato skins to the oven or air fryer and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Top each potato skin with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh basil and green onions, then top with sliced cherry tomato. Enjoy hot and crispy.